The simplest way to keep notes. Light, clean, and free. Simplenote is now available for iOS, Android, Mac, and the web. Since the location is generated in a different spot, you have to crawl the filesystem to locate the folder(s) that contain these files. Cd /private/var/folders sudo find.name 'com.apple.appstore' # This will throw some errors due to inaccessible directories, so it may be # better to use sudo find /private/var/folders -name 'com.apple.appstore' 2/dev/null # or, making use of the fact that. I have an application that I want to distribute through Apple's Mac AppStore. The application has to be placed at a specific location. I was testing Xcode 4 archiving process. But it only generates installer which installs at /Applications folder. I want it to be installed in a different folder. How do I specify the new path? The default location for apps installed from the Mac App Store is the global applications folder located at /Applications/. Is there a defaults write com.apple.AppStore command I can run in the terminal, or perhaps a.plist file I can edit manually, to change this default preference?
If you want access to certain items that are not available in your country, the following guide should teach you how you can change the iTunes Store country so you can get access to items exclusively available in other regions.
Basic iTunes Tips
Transfer, backup and manage iOS content in a smart way
- Transfer photos, music, videos and more to computer, and vice versa
- Backup iPhone flexibly: Full Backup, Incremental Backup, and Air Backup
- Free download videos and music from 1000+ sites include YouTube
Change iTunes Store Country
If you have been using an iPhone or iPad for some time, you might have noticed that some of the apps you have heard a lot about are not available in your country. It is usually true for local TV apps that provide their services only in select few countries. If that is what’s holding you back from accessing your favorite shows, how about you change your App Store or iTunes Store country on your device?
Well, it is totally possible to change your country in both the apps on your device and it should enable you to access the contents that are not currently available in your current country. Making this change on an iPhone and iPad is pretty easy and the following guide should walk you through the steps to do it on your device.
What You Need Know before Changing iTunes Store Country or Region
When you plan to change your iTunes Store country or region, clear below first:
- Update your billing address and it will sync to all your Apple’s digital media stores: iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, Mac App Store, iCloud, etc.
- Update your payment method. Only credit cards of the country can be used to buy the content from the country’s iTunes Store and App Store.
- Items that you purchased from the store in the previous country or region will not be shown in your purchased section.
- You won’t see the items from your iCloud Music Library that you matched, uploaded, or added from the store in the previous country or region.
- You’d better make a full backup of your important files from device to the computer. And Part 4 will lead you to complete the job in minutes.
How to Change iTunes Store and App Store Country
While changing your App Store or iTunes Store country is easy, there are a few things you need to be aware of before you start the procedure. First, you must have used up all of your account balance in your current country before you can change to a new country. Second, you must have a credit card and billing address for the country you are changing to.
If you have got the required items ready with you, the following are the steps on how to change the iTunes Store or App Store location on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the App Store app on your device by tapping on its icon on your springboard.
- When the App Store launches, tap on the first tab that says Featured.
- Once you are there, scroll all the way down and tap on your Apple ID.
- A prompt with several options will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the one that says View Apple ID to view your Apple account settings.
- You should now be on your Apple account settings screen.
Change iTunes Store and App Store Country now:
- Tap on the option that says Country/Region to change your country.
- Select your new country from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a billing address for this new country.
- Once you have finished the procedure, you should be able to access the contents that are available in the country you have chosen for your App Store and iTunes Store on your device.
Mac App Store
Access the Country/Region Section
How to Switch Between Multiple iTunes or App Store Countries
If you would like the ability to switch between multiple countries for App Store and iTunes Store, you can add that ability to your device by following the following instructions.
- Launch the App Store app on your device.
- When App Store launches, tap on Featured to open the featured tab.
- Scroll all the way down and tap on your Apple ID.
Now, change App Store region here:
- When the prompt with a few options appear on your screen.
- Tap on the option that says Sign Out to sign out of your current Apple account.
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Head to General, tap on Language & Region.
- Choose Region and select the country you want to switch to.
- Launch the App Store and select a free app that is only available in your selected country.
- Tap on Get for the app and create a new account for your new country.
- You have successfully switched to a new country in the App Store and iTunes Store on your iOS-based device.
Choose A New Country for Your Device
The Bottom Line
If you cannot wait for a certain app to be launched in your country, you can use the above procedure to quickly change from one country to another and get access to exclusive content on your iOS-based devices.
More Related Articles
Popular Articles & Tips You May Like
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
When you follow the steps below, your Apple ID country or region updates for all of your Apple services on all of your Apple products.
If you're a part of a Family Sharing group, you might not be able to change your country or region. Learn how to leave a Family Sharing group.
What to do before you change your country or region
- Spend any store credit remaining on your Apple ID. Learn what to do if your remaining store credit is less than the cost of a single item.
- Cancel any subscriptions, including Apple Music, and wait until the end of the subscription period.
- Wait for any memberships, pre-orders, movie rentals, or Season Passes to complete, and wait for any pending store credit refunds to process.
- Make sure that you have a payment method for your new country or region.
- Redownload your apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books on any devices that you might use to play or read them in the future. That's because some types of content might not be available in your new country or region. (Learn what types of content and services are available in your new country or region.)
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap 'Change Country or Region.' If you don't see 'Change Country or Region,' contact Apple Support.
- Tap your new country or region, then review the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Agree in the upper-right corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.1 Learn more about how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information.
Mac App Store Change Download Location Fortnite
On your computer
- Open the Music app or iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, then click View Account.
- On the Account Information page, click 'Change Country or Region.'
- From the 'Select a country or region' menu, select your new country or region. If you don't see 'Select a country or region,' contact Apple Support.
- Review the Terms & Conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
- Enter your new payment information and billing address, then click Continue.
From your Apple ID account page
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Scroll to the Account section, then click Edit.
- From the Country/Region menu, select your new country or region.
- When asked if you want to change your country or region, click 'Continue to update.'
- Enter your new payment information and your billing address, then click Save. You have to enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.1
Contact Apple Support
If you can't complete any of the steps, can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.
- After you update your Apple ID billing address and payment method, you can upgrade your iCloud Storage using the pricing in your new country or region. Learn more about iCloud storage.
- View the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions.
1. If you don't want to enter a payment method, wait until you're physically in your new country or region, then create a new Apple ID.