If uploads or downloads with the OneDrive website are taking too long, or you selected the wrong files, they can be cancelled. If you are using the OneDrive sync app and want to stop a file from syncing or backing up, you can pause the upload or download.
This tutorial teaches you how to delete downloads on Mac, Windows 10, iPhone, iPad, Android. You can save more space by deleting unwanted downloaded files on your device. Still, if you mistakenly deleted files on device, MiniTool free data recovery software is here to help.
How To Cancel A Download On Mac
The downloaded files from online websites are stored on your device hard drive or memory card. If you don’t need those files, you can delete those cumbersome downloads to free up storage space on your device.
This post teaches you how to delete downloads on Mac, Windows 10/8/7, iPhone, iPad, Android. Check the detailed guides below.
How to Delete Downloads on Mac
- You can launch the Finder app on Mac.
- Scroll download to find Downloads option from the left panel. Click Downloads under Favorites and all downloads on Mac will be shown in the right window.
- Select one or more files you want to delete, if you want to select all downloads, you can press Command + A
- Then right-click the mouse and choose Move to Trash. You can also click File -> Move to Trash from the Finder menu to delete downloads on Mac, or directly drag the selected files to Trash bin which is located in the bottom-right corner of Mac screen. You can also press the shortcut key to move selected downloads to Trash: Command + Delete.
- The deleted downloads are still in the Trash and existed on Mac hard drive. If you want to delete them permanently, you can click Finder at the top of screen and click Empty Trash, or press Command + Shift + Delete to delete all files in Mac Trash bin.
Tip: After you emptied the Trash bin on Mac, theoretically you cannot find and recover the deleted files. So be careful to delete file. If you mistakenly deleted some files, you can use the best free Mac data recovery software to easily retrieve deleted files on Mac.
How to Delete Downloads on Windows 10/8/7
- At first, you can press Windows + E, or click This PC to open Windows File Explorer.
- Click the Downloads folder, and you will see all downloaded files and folders are listed in the window now.
- You can select one, several or all files and folders, right-click the mouse and select Delete to deleted all downloads on Windows 10/8/7. All the deleted files will be moved to the Recycle Bin.
If you haven’t emptied the Recycle Bin, then you have a chance to restore the mistakenly deleted files from Recycle Bin. However, if you’ve emptied the Recycle Bin, then you have to recur to the best free data recovery software for Windows to recover deleted files.
How to Delete Downloads on iPhone/iPad
- Open Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.
- Click the app and select Delete App.
- Then go to App Store to reinstall the apps on your iPhone/iPad.
How To Download Mac Update
How to Delete Downloads on Android
Normally you have 2 ways to clear downloads on Android phones.
Method 1. Delete Downloads on Android through Settings
- You can open Settings on Android, look for the Apps or Applications icon.
- Click one app, and click Delete or Uninstall button to remove downloaded apps on Android.
How To Cancel A Download On Mac
Method 2. Clear Downloads on Android with App Manager
- Open the App Tray on Android
- Find and click Downloads
- Then tap and hold a file you want to delete. Select all the files you want to delete.
- Tap the Delete icon at the top-right corner to delete downloaded files on Android.
If you want to delete usage history in App, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. in Windows 10/8/7, you can check: How to Delete Usage History (App, Google, Firefox) in Windows
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files and Folders on Windows 10/8/7
If you mistakenly deleted some important files from your Windows computer and emptied the Recycle Bin, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to easily recover files for free.
Free download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows 10/8/7 PC, and follow the 2 simple steps below to easily recover deleted/lost files.
Step 1. Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery and click This PC. Choose a partition or drive where contains your deleted or lost files, and click Scan button to let this free file undelete software to scan data in the chosen drive.
Step 2. After the scan is finished, you can find and check needed files, and click Save button to recover the needed files. Thus, you can easily get back the deleted/lost files and folders.